Finding resources

I recently went looking for advice on making teasers and found some great resources that you can check out.


First off, this post from Wattpad is very comprehensive. It describes types of teasers and explains the anatomy of teasers. It also discusses one thing I haven't yet added to my teasers: a call to action, like where to buy the book. There are lots of dramatic teasers featured, very good examples of New Adult book teasers. I highly recommend giving this a read.

I have already mentioned this post from Derek Murphy on finding the right fonts for your genre. To be honest, I find the sheer number of fonts featured here a little confusing, but it gives you a general idea. My personal caveat is that any fonts that look like hand-printing or comic printing don't look good, unless you're promoting an actual comic or children's book. Also, don't use too many different fonts on one teaser or risk that ransom note look.




Here's one more page from a cover design company called Cover Your Dreams. The design of the teasers looks good and she has tips for conversion to Facebook ads.

My other tip would be to look at new covers. There are trends in covers that can be used in teasers as well. Recent trends have been the use of cursive fonts or bold titles directly over images.

Got any more teaser advice? Please share it in the comments.



Comments

Popular Posts